This is what pasta is all about – a few, good ingredients that absolutely sing when brought together
The best, this Tomato Basil Penne Pasta. There is no cream or butter, so you can feel good about eating the whole pan. I mean, about eating your portion. It’s super fresh, with tomatoes and loads of fresh basil and garlic. Let’s get start, shall we?
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 450g skinless chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 1/2 onion
- 3 garlic clove
- 1 courgette
- 800g passata or tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 small bunch basil
- 225g cooked penne pasta
- 40g grated Parmesan cheese
How to do it:
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook and stir the chicken, onion, courgette and garlic until the chicken is no longer pink inside, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the passata, parsley, salt, pepper, Italian herb seasoning and basil, bring the mixture to the boil and reduce heat. Cover the frying pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add paste to the sauce, mix everything together and serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.