Creamy Mushroom Chicken Pasta is one of my favourite meals because it’s so easy and quick to make from scratch. This easy chicken in white sauce with mushrooms will become a family favourite! Serve it with freshly cooked pasta for sure one of the tastiest meals you’ll ever make.
You will need:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh
- tagliatelle pasta
How to do it:
- In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter together at medium-high temperature. Season chicken with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot and the butter melted fry chicken until browned and cooked through about 2 minutes each side. Take cooked chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add 1 tbsp oil and cook the onion until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add white wine to the pan and let simmer until reduced by half.
- Add chicken stock and cream. In a small bowl combine corn starch and water. Stir until starch is completely dissolved then add to the sauce. Bring to a boil and let simmer without a lid at high heat for about 2-3 minutes to reduce and thicken.
- Add the cooked chicken back to the pan and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Stir in parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over pasta.
Choose a large heavy skillet that is the right size for the amount of chicken you have. The skillet shouldn’t be too small because we want the chicken to brown and not steam. for example, something like that, it must be big enough and have a sufficiently thick bottom so that when you throw the chicken in the pan it doesn’t take all the heat from the frying pan right away.
As people the world over know, pasta’s huge variety of shapes, textures and flavours make it the perfect basis for every type of meal. In Gino’s Pasta Gino D’Acampo, the master of modern Italian cooking, celebrates his homeland’s most famous food export with an inspirational collection of 100 mouth-watering recipes that includes classics such as carbonara, puttanesca and ragu alla bologonese, as well as new twists on old favourites such as lasagne, macaroni and spaghetti vongole.